Monday, July 30, 2007

Ready, aim, fire!


Ready, aim, fire!
Originally uploaded by ajdele
I am up at Westminster again for a week. Coming for the wedding was not really enough and was not the full camp feeling. Its really not the same without kids here. So we are up again, just for the week. This is the week where churches from Northville and Ann Arbor come and take over the whole camp. This has been an annual thing for as many seasons as I have been coming here. I have not worked the rest of the season and come up just to work this camp twice now. That has not been on purpose either, it just worked out that way.

I figured that this would be a good thing to do as I am considering really trying to pursue the education and camp thing. The term for that that sounds more like an area of study or career is "experiential education." I really love it. All of the things I have really enjoyed doing in the past couple years have been surrounding camp. I think I wrote this pursuit off in the past for a couple reasons. I think I thought, "who doesnt love camp?" and so my really wanting to run trips at camp forever was just silly. I dont think this assumption was correct. This kind of life is not for everyone.

I am sleeping in a tent this week and loving it.

No comments: