Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Apple getting greener

Every once in a while there is some encouraging news that leads me to believe that not everyone with power is evil. Greenpeace had been running a campaign to get Apple to green up a bit. Today Steve Jobs announced that they were going to do just that. Its not as good as we were all hoping for but still great. To me this represents a real commitment on the part of the company to their customers and maybe even to the world that we all share. I actually wrote to Steve Jobs through Greenpeace's website, it was an automated message but I erased that and sent my own message. I am personally encouraged by that and it makes me think that maybe, just maybe those things actually are read by someone. Maybe one letter can make a difference.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/tasty-apple-news-020507

No comments: